Thursday, March 29, 2012

On the Road With LoLo!!!

In mid-March, I went on a road trip/ yarn crawl with my girl Lois, a.k.a. Knittingsmybag, a.k.a. LoLo. If you haven't had the opportunity to shop for yarn (and fabric) with a good friend then, may I suggest, you plan to do so AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Our mission: Hit as many yarn stores as possible in 2 days between Santa Clarita and Solvang, California.

First Stop. My LYS, Creative U Studios located in Santa Clarita, California. Is it bad that they know me by name? You are right. It's a good thing. Lois was so organized. She printed and brought the patterns that she need yarn for. I, however, just flew by the seat of my skinny jeans. Lois left with a bag of happiness that included, a skein of Cascade Heritage Sock yarn AND skeins of Berrocco Vintage. I left with 1 skein of Aslan Trends Tango. Amanda, the owner, recommended that we go to Roxanne's in Carpenteria, California. Since it was on the way to Santa Barbara, where Lois had procured a very nice hotel room, then we just had to visit. Lois was happy because this was a store that I hadn't been to.


Roxanne's was as charming on the inside as it is on the outside. I think Lois and I may have touched EVERYTHING. Lois ended up with a couple of notions pouches, yarn, and retractable tape measures. I may have taken home a tape measure or 2 and fabric. Yes, fabric. I have a problem. I think now would be a great time to tell you that Lois is the ANTI-ENABLER. She kept telling me, "Is there something in here that you absolutely CAN NOT live without? If so get it. If not, put it down." I on the other hand just told her to GET IT ALL!

The Loop & Leaf  located in Santa Barbara, California was next on the GPS. It's just so quaint.



I left with 2 skeins of Shibui Sock. Lois left with Loft by Jared Flood in the most calming of colors. Our finds are destined to be Daybreaks. We both gifted ours to people and want Daybreaks for keeps. Lois liked making the pattern. It wasn't my favorite to knit but I did love the end result.

That's all for now. I am planning a new kind of journey for myself and I need to work on that today. I PINKY SWEAR to post the rest of our adventure tomorrow.

1 comment: